Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Whirlwind Visit

Ohmygoodness the last 5 days are kind of a blur. T, her daughters (8 and 9) and their two dogs came to So Cal for a visit to escape the heat of Nor Cal.

We:
  • Went to a paint-your-own ceramics place and painted a frog, kitty bank, little cup and pot
  • Saw Despicable Me (all but hubby) on one day, Ramona and Beezus (girls and me) and Inception (Paul and T) another day
  • Visited the Santa Barbara Zoo where we rode the train and fed some animals

    Giraffes - T's favorite animal
    The gorilla dogging me after I took a picture of him peeing.
    I didn't realize his level of modesty until I saw him staring at me. 
    Paul said I'm lucky he didn't throw poop on me. Ick! 

  • Sampled the goods at Whodidily - complete cupcake yumminess in Montecito

  • Relaxed, played in the ocean and made sandcastles at the beach in Ventura

    We got there early and created our own cabana
    Kid #1's castle, assisted by Paul
    Kid #2's castle, assisted by Mom
  • Did a tiny (as in super small pieces) 1000 piece puzzle
  • Ate in, ate out, and ate ate ate
  • Went maternity clothes shopping
  • Played the Wii, constructed a mastermind marble maze, colored, and discovered the pirate ship and every other toy in the office closet
So as you can tell, there was not a lot of idle time but we all had a lot of fun. To make up for that, I took a "nap" today from 5:30 p.m. 'til 11 p.m. and now I'm gonna be up all night. I hate when I do that!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I want to escape from the Houston heat to So Cal :)

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on out, Keri :) I'm in full tour guide mode and I know it has to be 20+ degrees cooler than TX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! So jealous of your wonderful Cali weather!!! I'm with Keri...it's hot AND humid an hour South of Houston! :)

    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I would do well in the humidity, but how cool I think it would be to live in a place where I could say y'all without people looking at me all crazy. I have no idea how it pops out of my mouth sometimes... I was born and raised here. Y'all need to plan a trip here :)

    ReplyDelete