The update in a nutshell:
T went from the Emergency Room to Labor and Delivery last night so they could monitor the baby. Everything seemed to be fine with both of them, although T has some muscle aches today from shivering so much at the onset of all of this.
She is now out of the hospital and feeling ok. Her job today is to relax and supervise her husband while he helps a friend move and get set up in the friend's new apartment.
THANK GOD!! We were so worried about her and Caleb.
If I look at this situation as a training exercize, I completely failed. When I learned she was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, I froze. Literally froze. Paul said he had a million scenarios running through his head. I had none. I just sat there completely still with tears forming in my eyes, but no instincts took over.
I look back at how my mom and dad handled emergencies when I was a kid. The one that specifically comes to mind is when I broke my wrist. My mom took me to the hospital and between the doctors and my dad (who met us there), they had everything under control. I don't remember anything but my mom being as solid as a rock. The story I rememeber from after the fact is that she lost it AFTER everything was under control, but I don't remember that/maybe didn't see that. She made sure I was taken care of before her fear showed through. That's exactly the way I want to be. Maybe it just takes practice. I was thinking that maybe it comes with being a parent, but I know parents who freak out in front of their kids so that theory is blown to hell!
I cannot write something clever, witty or entertaining right now. I can only assure you that this was the scariest moment to date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment