I really don't like that whole "things happen for a reason" saying. Yes, yes, yes, it's all part of a bigger plan that I am too pea-minded to understand and too much a simpleton to possibly grasp.
"It was [or wasn't] meant to be." Profound. Not.
To people who say "just relax": please provide your script to me for the Xanax, Percocet or Valium you're taking. When you take the good stuff, you must share.
Alas, I've actually heard these exact and most annoying phrases leaping from my own mouth. I try to push the words back in as I realize they're making their debut... but my foot follows too slowly. I hate that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Is everything ok? Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteOoops - in retrospect, I should have started that mini-rant with a disclaimer that everything is totally fine with us :) I'd just hit my max with people being all philosophical and explaining away all sorts of events/occurences. Thank you for the note - I see the post with different eyes now and I'm back to my positive self today! :)
ReplyDelete