Thursday, November 11, 2010

Babies are Falling from the Sky! - aka, Baby Showers!

"Hello! We're having a baby, please give us gifts."

Since I myself am not pregnant, I believe I can safely say this is the most uncomfortable part of the whole experience to date. It brings back PTSD memories of why I didn't want to tell people we were getting married because I didn't want a bridal shower. The attention placed upon the person of honor at these types of events is unnerving to me. Thankfully, my dear friends have put my mind to ease and told me a baby shower will have absolutely nothing to do with me. {sighhhhhhhhh} Unlike a bridal shower, where of course the bride is the center of attention, this one is about a little dude who has yet to make an appearance. There were many, many weeks in between oh.hell.no and ugh.i.don't.know and this.will.be.fun!

There is a lot to celebrate - plenty to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment