Monday, February 7, 2011

Rethinking Inconveniences

Yesterday I wrote about the minor (very, very, mind you) inconveniences of living in a trailer for a week or two... not a lot of space and lack of wi-fi in the trailer. I'm happy to report that I am, at this very moment, inside the trailer and connected via wi-fi. I wouldn't depend on this for work since the signal seems to come and go, but for updating the blog? Perfect!

I've also rethought (is that a word?) about the inconveniences of a trailer and realize this isn't an inconvenience at all. Yes, space is tight - but I thought about an alternative:

Paul and I were, at one point, considering pursuing surrogacy in India. Without debating all pros and cons at this point, I'd like to say that I still believe Indian surrogacy is a viable alternative for many people. It's obviously not the road we chose, but I strongly believe that having that option is, quite simply, a good thing. Now, had we chosen to go to India, I know that the "inconveniences" I've experienced on this trip thus far would be nothing... over there, I would be limited to whatever I could cram in a few suitcases. Up here, I followed my mom and Bill with their trailer in my SUV and have it stuffed from top to bottom, front to back. I have all the conveniences of home (home cooked meals, if I choose; television with cable; laptops - yes plural - with internet access; a car I can use at any time, for any reason) and am in a state where surrogacy is well-established and our rights are guaranteed. I can't even imagine all of the "inconveniences" we'd experience in India.

I'll shut my trap now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment