I'm in Northern California waiting and waiting and waiting for Caleb to make his debut. To be more specific, I'm "living" in a fifth wheel trailer with my mom and stepdad, waiting for Caleb to make his debut. The plan is for Paul to come up next Saturday and join the waiting game if something doesn't happen sooner and at that point, we'll get a hotel room.
I don't want to sound ungrateful when in fact I'm really, really thankful that my mom and Bill have come up here with me and graciously brought this little home on wheels for us to call home base for a week - or two. BUT (you had to see that one coming, right??) - it's small for three people. Each night I convert the dining area into my bed, and each morning I convert it back to an eating/seating area and stow my bedding up on their bed. I carefully tuck my shoes, computers, phones, chargers, and misc stuff in little places here and there making sure none of it intrudes in their living space. I'm really trying to be a considerate guest. The other BUT is that the wi-fi in this RV park doesn't work in the trailer! I am working up until Caleb's born and had this neat picture (in my head, of course) of working up here in the comfort of the trailer at the table. Wrong. And me looking for wi-fi is like a junkie trying to find the next hit. So far, I've worked from a picnic table outside in the sunlight - making it incredibly difficult to see the screen, the laundry room (it's near the park's office and since it's inside the mosquitoes can't get me), the women's bathroom (also near the office, praying that someone wouldn't come in and think I was totally nuts - and thankfully no one came in), Starbucks, and McDonald's. And I only worked part day on Thursday and all day Friday - can't wait to see the new places I'll have to find this week! Eh... small inconveniences in the scheme of things.
On the Caleb front, I went with T to the OB appointment on Thursday and the report wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear: no dilation. As in NADA, ZERO. ZILCH. No action. Same as the week before. The next appointment is this Thursday morning. That will be 3-4 days pre-due date and hopefully it'll be a totally different story at that point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

From what I have seen in the last 2 years in surrogacy land.. These long awaited babies tend to need to be vacated from the premises! There's actual research on the fact that IVF tends to yield to induction! But... by the look of things.. you shouldn't have much longer!! Cant wait to read all about it!! :)
ReplyDelete