Do you want to eat him, too, or is it just me?
This "little" (I'll use the term loosely since Paul thinks he's around 12 pounds... yikes!) guy melts my heart. At 2 o'clock in the morning, he'll be sucking down a bottle and I still just look at him and smile. Paul and I still fake-argue about who gets to feed him.
Things Caleb loves:
- Snuggling (good thing since he doesn't have much of a choice) and being held.
- His carseat.
- To grab our fingers and hands while we feed him.
Things Caleb tolerates:
- The dogs barking.
- Tummy time and reading books.
- Bath time for the first few minutes. After the first few minutes, it falls down to the "doesn't like much" list.
Things Caleb doesn't like much:
- Not having control over his hands yet. When his pacifier falls out of his mouth, this is abundantly clear.
Crying: I read something the other day about newborns crying, on average, 2-3 hours per day. I am happy to report he is not average. He rarely cries, and when he does, I know he needs something (food, new diaper, sleep).
Eating: He's eating 3-4 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours right now. We tried breastmilk last week but he got very fussy and gassy. We're going to try again today with some Mylicon and hope for better results. It's important to us that he gets the health benefits of the milk, but if he doesn't tolerate it well, we won't force it. I'm not ready to give up. We'll mix 50/50 milk/formula today and if that's still too much, we'll try 25/75. I'm crossing my fingers. The goal is for him to have the best nutrition and immune system possible.
Sleeping: He is sleeping pretty well at night. For the most part, we can wake up, feed him, change him, and put him back down. Sometimes he'll want to fall asleep in Paul's arms and Paul's ok with that. I'm not big on co-sleeping (for Caleb's own safety...) but if we need another hour or two in the morning around 6 or 7 a.m. we'll put him in bed between us.
That's the summary. If I write more, I'd only be gushing so I'll stop here :)


Ack LOOK at that sweet face!! SO happy for you all!! Great update!!! :)
ReplyDelete