Here are the components of Caleb's room so far. I'll post some pics of the final product when it's done, too.
Let's start with the crib. We like this one because it converts to a full-size bed (like almost all cribs being sold today), it has a solid back (would make a better headboard later I think), has a bit of visual interest in the front with that little dip, and has straight legs and the least amount of surfaces - among cribs we researched - to collect dust:
The dresser. This was such an easy buy. Although not from the same retailer as the crib, the color is complementary, the legs are straight, and it is a very simple design. We're going to use the top as the changing table and we'll replace the knobs, for now, with the jungle knobs in the picture below the dresser pic:
I found this kick-ass designer on Etsy (called DesignedDESIGNER for anyone who's interested) who does wall decals. This is the one we're using, although we're changing the colors just a bit to be a little closer to the fabric colors. It's not all one piece, so we could put the tree on one wall, an animal on another, etc. It all depends where the furniture will go, so its final wall destination is still a mystery to me:
And finally, here are the fabrics we're using. My mom is going to create all sorts of things - among which include the crib/bed skirt, a bumper that we'll use later on, a valance, and some pillowcases we'll use on the queen bed that will stay in the room for now:
I really like this stuff. Paul still may add a little 3D art to the room, but for the most part, we've figured it out. It's not a designer nursery that you'd see on some fancy HGTV show, but we agreed on everything and it seems like a room that will 'fit' in our home. It's a room a little boy can play in and be comfortable in - not one that has showpieces or furniture that I'd be irritated if it were to be scratched. I see lots of good times and fun play in this room's future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment