I know people are trying to be helpful in letting me know what to expect - kind of like a rite of passage I suppose. But those same people will also tell you "it's indescribable" (the change from no kids to having one). So I have a suggestion: please let me experience all those things that you're not able to adequately describe. That way, I can save you the grief of having to come up with words (that once again, don't do it justice) and you can save me the dentist bill from grinding my teeth together, okay?
Along the same lines, and actually what got me thinking about this topic, is hearing people tell Paul how his life is going to change. He raised his oldest (step-)daughter from nearly 3 years old onward, and his bio-daughter from birth. I know things change (after all, he was surprised at the whole wipe warmer thing), but I feel like he gets his "Dad" wings clipped every time someone tells him what to expect. HE KNOWS. This isn't his first time around the fussy-baby-poopy-pants block.
Headaches bring out the best posts, don't they? Waaaaahahahhahaha!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment