Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Text that Sparked Excitement and Anxiety (the good kind)

I was sitting here at my desk today freshly off an IM session with my co-worker - still smiling from our silly banter - when I get a text message on my cell phone. It was from T. All it said was "Only 74 more days." I was all excited thinking about how fast we've gotten to this point! I swear we just did the contracts a little bit ago - or even just saw the first little shrimp shaped embryo on an early ultrasound. It was so exciting to think about it being only 74 days away! Mid-smile I also started feeling that now-familiar feeling of being overwhelmed... like knowing that we have to start (and hopefully finish) the baby's room. Like figuring out just what we need to pack for the trip. Like worrying that the pre-birth order legal work isn't going fast enough. Like wondering about my leave of absence from work. Surely everything will fall into place. I do really well with checklists, so I think tonight I will start writing out the to-do lists. Paul is just going to love this! (yes, extreme sarcasm)

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! I remember sending my IF daily tidbits.. Its nice to read the other side of it! :) Have fun with your list! hehe

    ReplyDelete